Decentralised cooperation - 22.08.2019
Be the change you want to see: Join the European Days of Local Solidarity
The 3rd edition of the European Days of Local Solidarity (EDLS) is taking place from 15 to 30 November 2019. During two weeks, European cities and regions will promote their international cooperation actions.
But what is an EDLS activity?
An EDLS activity is:
- (co-)organised by a European city or region, or by an association of local and regional governments
- promoted on the EDLS website and on Twitter
- an opportunity for citizens, local and regional elected officials, civil society organisations and other local players to learn, exchange, discuss and celebrate
- focused on European cities and regions’ contribution to global sustainable development, with particular attention to their international cooperation and city-to-city partnerships
It’s time to take action!
Read the Guidelines and ask your cities and regions to:
- join the EDLS and register their activities
- sign the EDLS Charter online
- download the communication toolkit: it’s ready to use and print (with logos, guidelines, Charters, posters, various templates, visuals for social media…) and availabe in 7 languages (English, French, Spanish, Italian, Latvian, Basque & Catalan)
Save the date
Don’t miss the official launch of the EDLS 2019 on 25 September at DEVCO InfoPoint in Brussels (12h30 – 14h00).
To mark its contribution to the SDGs Global Action Day, PLATFORMA is inviting key stakeholders to discuss on the future of partnerships and of EU policies in the field of awareness raising and development education.
Let us know if you can join us!
And don’t forget to join the conversation on Twitter with #LocalSolidarityDays
Pierre Vander Auwera
Adviser – Communication
Tel. : + 32 2 500 05 41
Skype : pierre_vda